On May 19, 2014, the Board of Selectmen established a River’s Edge Advisory Committee (REAC) as a temporary advisory committee to review bids received by the Town of Wayland as a result of a public Request for Proposals (RFP) bid process for the River’s Edge site (484-490 Boston Post Road), and to advise the Board of Selectmen with a recommendation(s) for the best bid(s) for the Town of Wayland.
By a vote of Town Meeting, the Committee shall be comprised of nine (9) voting members appointed by and serving at the pleasure of the Board of Selectmen, with seven (7) appointees to be members of and designated (one each) by the following committees and boards:
- Board of Selectmen
- Finance Committee
- Board of Public Works
- Wayland Housing Partnership or the Wayland Housing Authority
- Planning Board or Design Review Board
- Council on Aging
- Economic Development Committee
and two (2) citizens of the Town for at large positions. All terms will expire upon the final disposition of said land by sale, lease or otherwise.
If you are interested in volunteering for this committee, more information is available here.
The Board of Selectmen requests that the recommending Boards designating members with professional expertise or Town experience in real estate financing or development, market and/or affordable rental housing, architectural design, land use planning or engineering, senior housing issues, real estate or environmental law or other related fields. Similarly, residents with professional or Town experience in these fields are encouraged to apply for consideration to be appointed as citizens at large.
The purpose of the Committee is to provide the Board of Selectmen with a recommendation on the River’s Edge project bids prior to disposition of said parcels. Responsibilities to assist in the preparation of the RFP include, but are not limited to
- Review all relevant bid documents so as to be fully aware of bid requirements and site conditions for the River’s Edge site,
- Tour recent local rental housing developments,
- Work with Town resources and consultants to assist in development of an RFP consistent with state Town goals and with appropriate bid review criteria,
- If desired by Board of Selectmen, determine a selection criteria point system, or other quantitative and/or qualitative evaluation system, for inclusion in the Request for Proposals,
- Participate in public bid meetings, and
- Submit RFP to the Board of Selectmen for review and issuance.
Once bids are received, the Committee’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Analyze and review all bids thoroughly to confirm compliance with bid requirements,
- Work with Town resources (e.g. Town Counsel, Economic Development Committee, Public Buildings Director) during the bid review process as question arise,
- Compare criteria across all bidders in a concise manner,
- Participate in interviews with top-rated bidders,
- Evaluate bidders past performance and interview references,
- Recommend to the Board of Selectmen the best bid(s) for the Town of Wayland,
- Coordinate with Board of Selectmen and Town resources through completion of the conveyance, as necessary, and
- Communicate Committee progress and outcomes.